Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Oh my goodness...

Okay, I learned today why you kitties tell me it's a good idea to stay inside and wear my harness if I go out. First of all, I should let you know that Mummy's house has no front fence. Mummy took me outside on the harness this morning and I was just sniffing about in the yard, and all of a sudden Mummy just scooped me up! I knew why a second later, it was a great big DOG - I've seen her before, she lives across the road but oh, she's SO much bigger up close and she was barking and running toward me and I panicked and scratched and hissed and puffed all my fur up. Mummy put me on top of something high but Rani (that's the dog's name) put her paws up and, ok, I think she was only trying to be friendly but she's much too big and scary. Rani's Mummy chased her over, apologised and took her away, and Mummy took me inside. This is a little bit embarrassing, but I'd been so scared of Rani I had an accident...actually, two...and Mummy had to give me a bath. I didn't like that. Half an hour later, though, I'd forgotten all about it and as it's a sunny day and I was still a bit damp from the bath Mummy took me back out so I could dry properly. So it didn't end up so bad. It's all thundery and rainy now, so I'm cosied up on the couch with Chester (who likes me nearly ALL the time, now!) We were even curled up asleep together not long ago, but I moved before Mummy could get the flashybox. She still got some pictures, though:

Yawn!

Almost best friends almost all the time.. I just have to remember Chester is a grown up and doesn't like it when I'm bumptious and silly.

4 comments:

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Oh Sweetie, what a scare! We are so glad that you are okay! You have to be careful! Don't worry about the accidents....a good scare will do that to you!

Mommy thinks that you are just the cutest kitty! Your markings are so unique! Beautiful!!! Come and visit our blog!

PB 'n J said...

Wow is that scary Starbuck! We're glad to hear you are okay now.

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

(((((HUGSSSSS))))) from all the Taylor CatSSSSS!

Mo and The Purries said...

Glad you're okay! Big woofies don't understand that kitties aren't there to make friends right away!

Take care,
Not The Mama
and the purries from
Purrchance To Dream